||[Aug. 23rd, 2005|08:06 am]
back in may i made a list of what i look for in a man...|
- he has to be able to communicate....effectively. i want to know that he can tell me anything-about how he feels, his dreams, his fears. everything.
- honesty. this is huge with me. don't blow any sunshine up my ass. just give me the truth. it'll be much easier to deal with the truth than to let me find out you've lied. i won't tolerate it.
- he has to love kids and have a big enough heart to love children that aren't his own. including loving to disipline them.
- we have to share some of the same passions: appreciation of music, being outdoors, laughing, being spontaneous, eating, drinking, sports....
- respectful. period.
- i want someone that makes me feel safe; a protector. i want to be able to come home from the shittiest day EVER and have him hold me and the only words he'll say are "everything will be ok, i promise"
- i'd like someone who believes in hygiene. shaves on a regular basis, showers daily...that can turn me on before entering a room just by smelling his cologne...BUT doesn't mind getting dirty....
- i want someone that knows how to handle a woman, and not just sexually....
- i'd like for him to be taller than myself and in somewhat good physical condition
and i found him.
he's amazing...and has flipped my world upside down...i wasn't anticipating on a new relationship. in fact, i really didn't even want one. i was just starting to dig being single--actually enjoying the fact that i didn't have to entertain anyone. but that kind of all went out the window the first night we met for a chimichanga and beer.
i can't quite put my finger on what it is about him that makes him different than anyone else in my past...WTF am i talking about!?!??....yes i can. for starters he's not selfish like kris was. nor is he afraid to get dirty and use his hands. he's more respectful than my ex-husband and has a heart the size of a dinner plate. for once, it's not me taking care of them, but him taking care of me.
we've been inseperable for the last three weeks.
is it possible to fall for someone so quickly. shouldn't i be more guarded?
i don't care. he's magnetic.